Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow daze

Today we had snow all day, it's falling still!


I managed to bike around for a good portion of the day but ended up having to take the bus later on. When walking, I enjoy making a snow ball and catching it with my foot so that it bursts apart. Quite fantastic!

The opera is under way and goes up this Friday-I've been over there most nights helping run a projector and tonight I finished painting and applying fabric to one of the set pieces, a throne for Baba the bearded Turk. Tomorrow will be a long night with our final dress rehearsal before the first performance.

Last night I went to the cinema where I saw some lovely Russian animations by Yuri Norstein during the 1970s. I especially enjoyed "Fox and Hare" and "Hedgehog in the Fog". Afterwards, quite spontaneously, my friend and I decided to go ice skating.


Off to bed, and still it snows, dreaming of the horse: "How is she, there... in the fog?"

1 comment:

dravananda said...

Hi Buddy

I have some Russian films in the queue including animation--looking forward to watching them with you.

DSR